We are told over and over to eat right and live healthy. It is true that a lot people have learnt to eat right for purpose of weight loss and looking good.
Today, I want you … yes you to search yourself , do a deep search and be honest to your self and ask the question , Is my diet Kidney friendly?
Another question you should ask yourself is have I replace drink water with all sorts of fizzy drinks?That answer is for you and if you haven’t been nice to yourself , take up the challenge , start afresh , start eating right and live healthy.
Here are some guidelines to Making Your Diet “Kidney Friendly”
- Water , Water , Water ! You have to drink enough water everyday. There are so many write ups on the quantity of water you should drink in a day. I have learnt to drink 3litres of water a day. You can start from 1.5Litres a day. I am sure Daniel 1:12 – 16 can guide you on this tip to make your diet healthy (I see your face and I know the question so yes I am sending you to read the Bible .You can thank me in the comment box after reading your Bible …lol
- Avoid Processed Sweets : Instead of having processed sweets which can be high in sugar , sodium, carbohydrates and calories , opt for fruits as snacks or desserts. Fortunately we live in a country that has so much to offer in terms of natural fruits and vegetables, you just need to create time and make some nice fruit salad combos for yourself and your family don’t be like the sluggard in Proverbs 19:24.
- Commit to whole grains – stay away from refined products : whether it was s bread, cereals, rice,or pasta , whole grain are a good source of fiber and can be found in most markets and supermarkets. Fibers can reduce cholesterol and may lower the risk of heart disease. Whole grains make you fuller with few calories which can therefore help with weight control. Examples of whole grain products include wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, oats, and bran
- Reduce the amount of salt you consume.
- Limit dairy fat , go for lower fat varieties.
For constant updates on Kidney Healthy Diets always visit the Iya Foundation Website www.theiyafoundation.org
Muito Obrigada ~ Merci Beaucoup ~ Thank You 😊